​​Mineral Direct Purchase

​Mineral Direct Purchase enables clients to fill in and submit an Online Application via ETS.  You can create/save, submit and retrieve final documents.

If you have any questions or need assistance with matters regarding Mineral Direct Purchase submissions, please contact the Coal and Mineral Department at CMD.Energy@gov.ab.ca.


Alberta Township Survey Guide

Guidelines for Submitting an Assessment Report
These detailed guidelines are intended as an aid to filing mineral assessment reports in accordance with the Metallic & Industrial Minerals Tenure Regulation.

Guidelines for Statement of Intent to File Assessment
Receipt of the statement of intent to file enables the Department to commence the work assessment administrative process prior to receiving the report.

Coal Royalty Guidelines  (1993)



Metallic and Industrial ETS Land Submission Template
​Metallic and Industrial land submission csv template can be used to upload land list in ETS. Up to 10 townships can be added to an ETS Metallic and Industrial Permit request.​

Placer Mining Licence
Metallic and Industrial Mineral Licence Application Form - to apply for the right to conduct recreational sluicing for gold and other precious minerals in Alberta's rivers and streams. Submit application and payment to Coal and Mineral Development  in Edmonton or Calgary. Licences can be issued immediately only if applying in person at the Edmonton office. Edmonton Office Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.

Please contact the office by phone (780-427-7707) or email (CMD.Energy@gov.ab.ca) prior to coming in to ensure staff availability.