Through the PNG Continuation node of ETS, clients can submit an Online Application for Validation or Continuation or submit an Expiry Reinstatement request. They can also:
• Create and submit a new application or request, amend an application, respond to an offer, and retrieve final documents.
• Request or grant authorization for agreements, wells, and data as required.
• Submit Third Party Requests via ETS for review of non-productivity.
• Receive electronic notification of Non-Productivity Notices.
We are currently experiencing delays in processing applications. Unless your matter is urgent, please allow up to 4 months to receive a response to your application. Extension requests for agreements within a caribou range (Information Letter 2022-41) will be finalized after agreement expiry.
To determine the status of your application please refer to Work in Progress in ETS and search your ETS Request number.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact
PNGContinuations.Energy@gov.ab.ca. Please include the agreement number and, if applicable, the ETS Request number you are inquiring about in your email.
PNG Continuation Application Guide
Use this guide to help you complete applications for continuation of petroleum and natural gas (PNG) leases and intermediate term licences in the Electronic Transfer System (ETS) under PNG Continuation. This guide does not apply to validation of initial term PNG licences.
PNG Licence Validation Application Guide
Use this guide to help complete the Licence Validation Application, for validation of petroleum and natural gas (PNG) licences at the end of their initial term in the Electronic Transfer System (ETS) under PNG Continuation. This guide does not apply to PNG leases or intermediate term licences.
A guide to help you complete the online Electronic Transfer System (ETS) authorization for:
- a company to act on behalf of the designated representative (Crown lessee or licensee) on a matter for a Crown petroleum and natural gas licence or lease (PNG agreement).
- another company to use your company’s well for a tenure-related purpose relating to a PNG agreement.
- Alberta Energy and Minerals use of your company’s technical data in support of another company’s application or response pertaining to a PNG agreement
|||Email Notifications for ETS PNG Continuation Guide|
This guide has been created to provide Alberta’s Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry with the information required to submit an electronic application for reinstatement through the Electronic Transfer System (ETS).
PNG Continuation Supporting Technical Data Form
Use this form when sending in your data for your electronic application submissions.
Continuation - Statutory Declaration for Crown and Freehold Rights in Spacing Unit Form
An application for the continuation of a Petroleum and Natural Gas Lease must be supported by a Statutory Declaration stating that you or your comapny have ownership of or control over the PNG rights in the freehold portion of the spacing unit.